There are 3 steps to writing a book as an entrepreneur.
And every entrepreneur should publish a book. Writing a book can not only generate an ongoing income stream, but also establish massive authority, credibility, press, and an army of loyal followers.
But it comes with challenges, from painful rewrites to marketing trial and error to the difficult world of publishing.
However, it’s 100x easier when you follow the right strategy. By following a few simple steps, you can get your name in print and turn your dream of writing a book into a reality. Read on to learn how you can build massive wealth and opportunities with the stroke of a pen.
1. Write Killer Content
Content is king… You can craft the perfect marketing campaign, but it’s all for naught without compelling content. The best way to make money writing is to create a killer book.
People are so inundated with entertainment platforms that they’re reading less and less. The changing landscape of the market makes it that much more vital to write a book that is awesome. Audiences are so preoccupied now that your story has to have twists, turns and cliffhangers on every page.
How can you write a book that actually gets read? Cut the fluff and focus on brevity. You also need to hone in on your overall narrative. Ask yourself key questions about what you’re trying to teach, the details of your story arc, and how you can conclude your arc creatively. You can’t take shortcuts. If you’re looking to hit your financial goals, every page needs to be rich with amazing content.
2. Use Independent Publishing
Publishers can be a writer’s best friend….or worst enemy. Even the most successful writers have faced their fair share of barriers when it came time to get their books published.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Author Jack Canfield was rejected by over 140 publishers before getting his book published. Now? He’s a world record holder for having seven books on the New York Times Bestseller List simultaneously. Famous authors from John Grisham to J.K. Rowling have all dealt with rejection from some of the world’s biggest publishers.
It might seem like an impossible task to get a book published in an increasingly competitive world, but you just have to think outside the box. Successful authors are turning more towards independent publishers than ever before. The distribution channels are wide open and self-publishing is beginning to boom. Self-publishing helps you take control of your wealth and keep control of your intellectual property.
With big name publishers, the advance is usually the only money you’ll ever see from your work. Even worse, they’ll often pull your book if it doesn’t immediately jump off the shelf. You need to own your copyright and take on greater risk if you want a chance at making serious money.
But make sure you’re strategic about your wealth-building goals with your book. We highly recommend your first step is to jump on a free guided Gap Analysis strategy session with a wealth-building expert from our team. This critical conversation will outline how much financial risk you can take on and how to better build your wealth prior to your book launch.
3. Market Like a Ninja
Writing is only about 10% of the job for successful authors. The other 90% is marketing. The sad reality is you can write a great book and still come no closer to your wealth-building goals. Now, more than ever, it’s crucial to have a plan to market your book launch. Celebrities and influencers can get anything to jump off the shelves with the right marketing. A rock solid marketing plan is the only thing that can make your book stand out and attract buyers.
There’s no perfect tool for marketing your book. Your success boils down to getting creative and standing out from your competition. Take a hard look at your book and ask yourself why someone would rush to buy it. Once you establish your unique selling point, you can use blogging, social media or guerrilla marketing to build buzz. There are so many ways to make money through marketing your book — you just have to be smart and strategic.
Writing a book can massively raise your status, scale your business and put you on the fast-track to financial freedom. But you have to be very smart about your content, publishing and your marketing to truly unleash its fullest potential. So make sure you follow these 3 steps and you will get there.
Want to Discuss Your Wealth Building Strategy in a Free Gap Analysis Session with Our Team of Experts?
Listen to the Podcast on Your Phone
Do you wonder whether you’re using all the tax, entity and wealth strategies available to you and if your investments are truly producing all they could be? Get in on the only conversation about money you need to be having with Real Money Talks.
Search for “Loral’s Real Money Talks” in your preferred podcast app or platform
Hit the “Subscribe” button