Everything You NEED to Know AboutBlock Chain and Cryptocurrencies
A 4 Week, 6 Webinar Series Educating Attendees About How They Can Take Advantage of These Opportunities
Webinar Series Topics
1. Intro to Blockchain And Crypto: Wallets, Exchanges, and Market History
It’s time to go down the blockchain rabbit hole! We start with the difference between Hot Wallets for active users and Cold Wallets for more passive users. Coinbase is considered by most to be the gold standard of hot wallets (available in 33 countries) and Gemini founded by the Winklevoss twins is a rising competitor.
Exchange wallets such as Bittrex, Poloniex, Binance, etc., allow you to trade with hundreds of other crypto trading pairs but are not the best for long term storage. While technically still a Hot Wallet, desktop wallets such as Jaxx and Exodus offer much greater security on the storage front for passive users who don’t trade much.
Finally, Cold Wallets such as Ledger Nano S and Trezor offer the greatest security for long term storage of your crypto stash. They are mini hard drives and roughly the size and shape of a thumb drive.
We will also cover the basics of Bitcoin, Ethereum, and more. What is an ALT coin and which ones should you invest in and which ones you should not.
2. Bitshares: King Of The DEX
Bitshares (BTS) is the oldest decentralized crypto exchange, and surprisingly still the fastest by a wide margin. We discuss the various aspects of the DEX and some key points that are often misunderstood…
- What is a DEX, DAC, MPA, and UIA?
- What are the pros/cons of Bitshares from a marketing and development standpoint?
- A deep dive into the BTS decentralized community, and
- The importance of vote proxies and committee members.
3. Music on The Blockchain: Utopian Atmosphere for Artists
One of the fastest and most powerful disrupting sectors using blockchain is the music industry. The benefits of the removal of middlemen are becoming clear rather quickly as leaders in the blockchain music space have begun operating. Once they get over the front-end comprehension, artists are ditching
Soundcloud and Spotify as their main presence and moving towards blockchain platforms where they get paid faster, earn more, and stay in full control.
In this episode we break down the key elements of the paradigm shift and highlight the current and future leaders in the space. By using Music as a metaphor, other use cases for blockchain will become clear. Here are some key discussion points…
- Universal Basic Income (UBI) philosophy – if you have demonstrated advanced skill, there should be a mechanism by which you can earn a living performing it.
- How Smart Contracts work for both instant payment and transparent rights.
- Platforms mentioned: https://emanate.live/, https://musicoin.org/, https://choon.co/, https://volareo.live/
4. Tokenizing a Business
In this episode we talk about cryptocurrency and how to incorporate it into a business idea.
- Concept of idea/project
- Build a Team (Co-Founders, Advisers and Tech)
- White Paper
- Community building
- Token sale
5. Talent Joe: Tokenizing the Talent Industry
- Presentation of Talent Joe
- Joe TV
- The Joe Awards
- TALNT token and it’s utility
- Joe Coin
6. The Machine of Perpetual Motion: Designing A Token Economy
- The “open source” wind turbine VS. open source blockchain metaphor
- The key elements of creating a token economy that works and sustains long term.
- How you can create your own token project for an existing business OR a startup.
- How you can get involved!!!