⇒⇒ Internal LOL Affiliate Fulfillment Training
Hi! If you’re here, it’s because you want to learn more & get trained on our Infusionsoft procedures with affiliates…you’re in the right place 🙂
Below, I’ll walk you through the processes I use to give affiliates all the items they need to fulfill for us – trust me, it’s much easier than it seems once you get the hang of it. As with anything else, you will get much more training from Infusionsoft by actually using it and snooping around in it.
If you have any questions, contact me at Juan@liveoutloud.com.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU START
- > When you communicate with affiliates, be sure to:
- Give them their unique affiliate tracking links
- Give them their appropriate event/promotion swipe copy
- Give them their affiliate account log-in info so they can track their stats
- > Affiliates can be quite flaky sometimes, so to ensure they actually send and follow through with their promises, you need to follow up.
- A simple message saying something like, ” Can you let me know what dates you are planning to send on and how much traffic you’re sending? I’d love to loop in our tech team here, so we’re ready for you.“
- If you need affiliate swipe copy or other affiliate collateral, look here first:
SKIP ALL OF THE TEXT BELOW – VIDEO TRAINING
To make this easier on you, I created a series of 2 videos that walks you through the entire process of creating an affiliate link – from adding a new partner, to adding a new link, to testing the link.
> Infusionsoft to affiliate partner tracking link video 1 – https://screencast.com/t/NqpBck4fcZ7
> Infusionsoft to affiliate partner tracking link video 2 – https://screencast.com/t/zCxkGAm8O
Or, you can walk through it step by step, with these instructions below.
CREATING A NEW AFFILIATE LINK & NEW REFERRAL PARTNER
- Step 1: After you log in to Infusionsoft, hover the green Infusionsoft logo at the top left of the page & click on Referral Partners under “CRM”
- Step 2: Type in the name or email of the referral partner you are creating a link for to see if they already exist in our system. If you search for them and they already exist, skip to step #3. If they don’t exist yet, keep reading this step.
- If the partner doesn’t exist yet, hover over “Referral Partners” and click on “Add a referral partner“
- Fill out their information as completely as possible on this next screen below. Under the “Contact” field, you can connect this referral partner account with an existing user account in Infusionsoft. Under the “Code” field, make sure to keep it short. Make their “Status” active. Select ‘yes’ for the “Notify On Sale” option.
- Once this is done, you’ll be brought to the screen below. Click the ‘Add’ button under “Commission Programs” and add the “Product Program” as well as the “Events Program.” What this does is that it ensures that the partner is able to create tracking links from websites under these 2 programs.
- Once this is done, scroll back up to “Referral Partners” and click on “View Referral Partners“
- From this screen, search for the partner you just created.
- Step 3: After you find the partner you’re looking for, hit “Login” next to their name.
- When you get to this next page, you’ll be able to view options for creating new tracking links, viewing link stats on old tracking links, seeing what affiliate resources are available, etc. This is the page affiliates are able to see when they log in to their account through this page: https://liveoutloud.infusionsoft.com/app/authentication/login
- Step 4: To continue creating a tracking link, click on “Link Generator” under “Resources.”
- On this next page titled, “My Sales Websites,” you’ll see all of the links that the affiliate has permission to send people to. Search through this page to see if the link you are wanting to send to exists. If it does exist, skip to step #5. If it doesn’t exist yet, keep reading.
- If the link doesn’t exist, go back into your other window, hover over “Referral Partners” and click on “Referral Tracking Links.”
- From this next screen, you’ll be able to see all of the destination links that currently exist in our system.
- To see if your link already exists in our system, type it into the “Main Search” bar and see if it exists. If it does, skip to step #5. If it doesn’t, keep reading.
- If the link does not exist, click the bright green button in the right corner that says “Add A Referral Tracking Link”
- From this page, enter all of the info for your tracking link: The name (this is internal), the code (keep it short), the website address (be sure to include ‘https://’) and the Referral Partner (leave this blank). Select “Events Program” and “Products Program” so the link can be added to both programs.
- When you’re done, hit “Save & Search” and go back to your affiliate backend page and refresh the page.
- Step 5: Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and select “Create Ad.” Fill out the Name (keep it short), the Description (this is internal), the Media Type (select Email), and Start Date (select today’s date). Hit Save.
- Step 6: Under Who Is Driving The Traffic, make sure the correct affiliate partner is selected. Under Where Are You Driving Traffic To, select the destination link you want to send people to. Under Which Ad Are You Using To Drive Traffic, select the ad you just created.
- Step 7: Once all of your selections are set, hit “Generate Link”
- This will create the unique tracking link for your affiliate. Be sure to test the link before giving it to them.
- Step 8: When you give the affiliate their link(s), be sure to also give them their event/promotion swipe copy, any images they might be able to use, the log-in information to the backend of their account, and any other resources they might need to do their best to push for us – we want to make it as easy as possible for them to send traffic to our pages & see their conversions happening in real-time.
- That’s it! Dunzo 🙂