Depending on what you do (or don’t do) that popular cocktail party question either invigorates you or makes you a bit queasy.
If it’s making you queasy, it’s because:
- You don’t know your talk track, so you don’t know HOW to talk about what you do.
- You work for yourself on the side of your W2 job, so you talk about your full-time job – knowing in the back of your head what you REALLY want to be talking about.
- You don’t have a cash machine and you are looking for full-time work to no avail.
All of this boils down to one central issue. You need to Live Out Loud about what you do (or what you want to do). If you don’t, you could have a hot prospect for your business or you could have an opportunity to discover your cash machine and not know it! There are few things worse than a missed opportunity, especially if you could have done something about it.
To Live Out Loud about what you do:
- Know your talk track. Practice it and talk it every chance you get.
- Circle a date on the calendar when you are leaving your W2 job and start talking about your business when you have the opportunity to network.
- Figure out your fastest path to cash and go get it! The only person holding you back from success is YOU!
Now go get that money!