“It's been a phenomenal whirlwind over the last 18 years helping influencers including myself in the business of high-ticket sales over the telephone.” -John Ferguson Click To Tweet
John Ferguson has been involved in sales for the last 18 years. He started out selling real estate and soon realized that he needed a system for high-ticket items. He spent two years immersing himself in the world of sales and created a system that can be replicated over and over.
In this episode, we talk about who this system is for and how sales are the root of the success of a business. John talks about knowing your audience and your message and why it is important to qualify leads. He gives several sales tips and information about setting up a team and system. He even shares his favorite headset that he has used to close countless sales.
You can find John here:
John Ferguson on Instagram
John Ferguson on Facebook
- [01:29] When John first started out, he began investing in real estate. He soon realized that he didn’t have the proper system in place for high ticket sales.
- [02:18] He began a two-year personal development quest. He started learning the ins-and-outs of sales, speaking, network marketing, and high ticket sales over the telephone.
- [02:37] It’s been a phenomenal whirlwind over the last 18 years helping influencers including himself in the business of high ticket sales over the telephone.
- [03:13] We all know that we have to sell and enroll new clients in our business or we won’t make any money.
- [03:47] John helps people develop a system from marketing to product to sales team that makes sense for them.
- [04:38] Your sales team needs to match your product in your company. You can’t scale without doing this.
- [05:02] John has helped MLM companies and influencers and coaches in the real estate and fitness industry. He has even helped medical practitioners.
- [05:35] John service is for the person or business who wants to take their sales to the next level.
- [06:43] It’s easiest to teach people who are new to sales. Then you can start at the beginning.
- [08:01] Blue Parrot VXi 450 is the headset John recommends.
- [10:38] Know your message, and know your audience are the next two steps. You also want to qualify the lead coming into your system.
- [11:20] You have to establish rules in order to have long-term success.
- [11:36] You’ll have to ask broad-based, intermediate, and pointed questions to know if this prospect is qualified.
- [12:05] The sales process comes after the lead is qualified.
- [12:23] A setup call can create an opportunity for the closer to make the deal.
- [14:28] The pros of being your own sales closer is that you don’t have to share the revenue. It can look odd to be the presenter and the closer.
- [16:48] You actually want to get the customer to chase you.
- [17:15] Having a sales team creates dedicated people focusing on sales, and you can focus on other things that are more important.
- [18:52] Design your script in a way that speaks to the audience, but make sure you have specific points engineered in.
- [19:42] You should have a script on every single call. Every single call is the same and different. Same sales and different person.
- [20:25] Help people get out of the way to get the services they need. You can connect with their personality type.
- [21:28] Great sales people find ways to eliminate objections before they are.
- [22:06] Ask the right questions in the right order to enroll people.
- [24:01] Turn objections into expectations.
- [25:08] To get your sales people motivated by sales, they need to earn commissions.
- [28:49] You can follow John on Instagram and Facebook.
Links and Resources: