There is so much to learn in the volatile economy we are in. Never before has the world been shut down. Nothing comes close to what this Coronavirus has done to our local and world economy. Many entrepreneurs are struggling. I have Joey Gilbert with me today. He is a local lawyer in Reno, Nevada.
Joey Gilbert Law opened more than ten years ago with a focus on a few distinct areas of law, Personal Injury, DUI Defense, Criminal Law, Workers Compensation, Special Use, Privileged License Law, and Immigration Law. Joey Gilbert was born in Chicago, Illinois, but was raised in Sparks, Nevada. Gilbert graduated from the University of Nevada where he was a collegiate fighter. Hard work and dedication earned him three national boxing championships. Joey Gilbert Law has also been recognized as top 10 attorney-client satisfaction for DUI/DWI Attorneys in 2016, and the national trial lawyers 2016 top 100 criminal defense, as well as Reno News and Reviews best local attorney in 2017.
Joey shares coronavirus data and updates from around the world. We talk about true economics and what it has done to our families, our elderly, and our kids. We share the data about what is happening to our economy and the economy around the world.“We have learned so much about how to treated coronavirus since the beginning. There are known medications, treatments, and therapeutics that are working.” -Joey Gilbert Click To Tweet
- [01:10] I have Joey Gilbert with me today. He is a local lawyer in Reno Nevada.
- [03:01] Joey is very proud of his background as a fighter.
- [04:25] He takes the same diligence, skill, and tenacity that he took into the boxing ring into the courtroom now.
- [07:19] The World Health Organization advocates the lockdowns are not good.
- [08:40] The Great Barrington Declaration is a very unique document. They are more worried about the mental and health impacts as a result of lockdowns and shutdowns of our economy versus the coronavirus itself.
- [10:45] A lot of the problems are from misinformation. There are going to be 10 million people starving in Africa based on bad information when Africa has some of the lowest COVID infection rates.
- [13:36] We should have done what Sweden and Denmark did back in May which was put protocols in place for preparing foods and protect those that we needed to protect.
- [15:02] We are seeing double the amount of deaths in the states with the most restrictions.
- [17:11] Hospitals are getting paid to code death Cornavirus through the Federal Coronavirus relief packages.
- [17:51] A CDC study from September 2020 found evidence that most who contracted the Coronavirus frequently wore masks.
- [18:57] If the people most likely to contract it are wearing the masks, that just proves it is too small of a particle size for the mask to stop anyway and people aren’t wearing them right. Joey has taken a holistic approach with sunlight, Vitamin D, and Zinc instead.
- [21:49] Many people are really scared from all the media coverage.
- [24:21] We have learned so much about how to treated coronavirus since the beginning. There are known medications, treatments, and therapeutics that are working.
- [26:41] Many businesses didn’t have the agility to change their business models when this happened and now they are struggling.
- [27:29] Many studies are predicting one-third of the small businesses will shut down from the effects of the pandemic.
- [28:48] The repercussions are dire across the states and we won’t see the full effect for several months and even into next year.
- [31:15] The economy is most important to Americans right now.
- [33:45] Joey shares about the church lawsuit they filed in Nevada.
- [35:37] Research for yourself and check out other outlets that are not our mainstream news media.
- [37:52] Joey shares a map and data of the result when Argentina made people start wearing masks.
- [38:38] If you want to prevent the Coronavirus wash your hands, use your hand sanitizer, if you’re sick stay home, sanitize workspaces, and live your life. If you have older family members that you are concerned about limit contact with them but not so much.
- [40:01] We send our kids to college to network and meet other people.
- [41:08] Great Barrington Declaration reminds us that the children never get their youth back.
- [44:01] Joey is working on a lawsuit similar to what they did in Michigan for the state of Nevada.