As our population ages the need for caregivers keeps rising. My guest today is a huge proponent of modern active aging. He has also built a business around finding caregivers that clients can trust and relate too. Jon Siegel is a board-certified clinical psychotherapist who has been in private practice for 35 years.
Jon discovered a need and decided to build a business around it. His business The Perfect Companion uses unique insights to assess the skill sets and personalities of caregivers in order to match them to clients according to their personalities and needs. Jon talks about his business and how having the proper care and lifestyle can lead to vital active aging.“Modern active aging is where one can physically, emotionally, and socially stay in touch with the times.” -Jon Siegel Click To Tweet
You can find Jon Siegel here:
The Perfect Companion
Call Jon (602) 300-5018
Call the office ask for Carlos (602) 595-9096
- [01:35] Jon is a psychotherapist by trade, and he has been in private practice for 35 years.
- [02:07] He concentrated on anything with the mental health approach.
- [02:29] There was a lack of quality caregivers in Scottsdale, Arizona. There was a need for a non-medical in-home care provider that featured people who could relate to the clients.
- [03:36] Jon started The Perfect Companion with the goal of matching up the personalities and skill sets of their caregivers with the personalities and needs of their clients.
- [04:04] Jon created a successful concierge approach where they match their caregivers with their clients.
- [04:42] Modern active aging is where one can physically, emotionally, and socially stay in touch with the times.
- [05:24] We should have a positive modern way of being able to help people from a medical standpoint.
- [05:36] We want to age in a strength-based way and stay away from the pharmaceuticals.
- [06:32] As we age, we need to have purpose, passion, and possession. Take ownership of something that you do better than anyone else.
- [10:11] The active aging model is doing things in a mindful way.
- [11:05] Jon is an active proponent of plant based diets and actively working out.
- [11:33] The mind and gut go well together. There is a lot of gut toxicity.
- [13:00] Get out and move. You don’t have to be the best. Combine the mind, body, and spirit in a way where you do things well.
- [14:42] He tries to attract clientele who have discretionary income for a private pay basis. They try to find caregivers with similar life experience. They also hire older people to match up with their clients.
- [18:34] Jon talks about attracting and attaining the care givers that he wants and needs.
- [19:14] Talk to family and friends and find people for caregivers and clients.
- [20:33] The top markets that Jon is targeting include Palm Springs and Beverly Hills and Lake Tahoe where people are looking for personalized care.
- [23:30] They can also add on value with natural medications.
- [25:01] Technology and creating interactive experiences is really important. Building the model that matches the caregiver with the client creates a lot of trust.
Links and Resources: