This is another special COVID-19 marketplace awareness broadcast. We are the place to keep you up to date on what is going on in the market. Specifically for entrepreneurs who need to make money in this ever-changing time, come here with any questions you have and we will have or find the answers. We will continue to bring you amazing experts that share their expertise and perspective on what is going on in the market today. Today I am joined by Fuquan Bilal. Fuquan is the founder and CEO of NNG.
Fuquan Bilal founded NNG in 2012 with the principal mission of capitalizing on the growing supply of mortgage notes in the interbank marketplace. Mr. Bilal utilizes his 20 years of residential and commercial real estate success to identify real estate opportunities and capitalize on them. To date, he has successfully managed three private mortgage note funds that primarily invest in single-family performing and non-performing mortgage notes. His financial acumen and proprietary set of investment criteria enable him to purchase under-performing real estate assets at a deep discount of face and market values, thereby increasing the value of the assets. This, coupled with his ability to maximize the use of leverage, enables him to build strong, secured portfolios with solid passive income flows. Fuquan effectively hedges investors’ risk by spreading their investment across a portfolio of alternative assets that diversify and stabilize the fund’s return and valuation.
In this episode, we talk about many different opportunities for making money in the current real estate market. Fuquan shares about the trends and changes he is seeing in the real estate market. He also shares his out of the box ways to invest in real estate in the current market.“One thing that really resonated with me early on was the power to go back into my community and revitalize communities by fixing up properties and that really gave me a sense of joy.” -Fuquan Bilal Click To Tweet
- [01:13] Fuquan Bilal is the founder and CEO of NNG.
- [03:12] He took a leap of faith and left his corporate job and got into the house hunting business.
- [04:20] He realized the power of real estate. One thing that really resonated with him early on was the power to go back into his community and revitalize communities by fixing up properties.
- [06:14] He went through a time of struggle because he didn’t have a good foundation. He had multiple streams of income but no cash flow. When the market crashed, he started to restructure.
- [07:43] The real estate investments he has are local where he has developed relationships already.
- [09:12] Diversified hybrid real estate investing is having different asset classes in the same fund. He has his capital secured by different types of assets.
- [10:32] Once COVID hit the landscape of everything changed.
- [11:49] The real estate market is on fire right now.
- [13:29] He has noticed more New Yorkers moving to other areas and commuting in for work.
- [14:38] Many new investors are pivoting to buy a lot and doing new construction since there are not many available properties.
- [15:46] Manhattan will likely take a decline but will stand strong.
- [18:08] If you are participating in some of the programs they have for landlords now you definitely want to read up on the details. You only want to use the money if you need it.
- [19:47] Unfortunately many businesses didn’t make it to the other side.
- [21:32] Grab Fuquan’s book, Passion for Real Estate Investment.
- [23:02] The note business is the best investment strategy in the universe.
- [23:37] Check out the coming Virtual Meetup and Marketplace. It is the teach you to fish model that you will never starve again once you learn our techniques.
“By having a balance of different assets in the fund, we made a greater return versus if we had one asset class in the fund.” -Fuquan Bilal Click To Tweet
Links and Resources:
Ask Loral App
Loral on Facebook
Loral on YouTube
Loral on LinkedIn
Millionaire Maker Store
Passion For Real Estate Podcast
Passion for Real Estate Investments
Fuquan on LinkedIn
Fuquan on Twitter
Fuquan on Instagram
Fuquan on Youtube
Fuquan on Facebook