07 Jul 10 Killer SEO Tips to Scale Your Business Online
Building your online presence is critical for every business in today’s digital world. But you don’t just magically rank in Google after you build a website or publish some blogposts.
A high-quality website is only the tip of the iceberg. To truly scale your business, you need a powerful SEO and online marketing strategy. And continuously implementing a great SEO strategy is critical if you want to outrank your competitors and consistently drive traffic from Google.
However, most businesses don’t understand how to utilize SEO correctly, and many have tried but did all the wrong things—so when they didn’t get results, they stopped trying and were left confused and frustrated.
How much revenue do you need to bring in? Are you executing a plan to reach that goal? Do you have a killer marketing strategy in place? A free Gap Analysis strategy session with our team of experts will uncover what the gaps and problems are in your business and current financial situation, and lay out a roadmap to scaling your company and building ultimate wealth.
Your next step is implementing a successful search engine optimization strategy. We spoke with renowned SEO expert Chloe Spencer to uncover the top 10 SEO tips every business owner should be aware of.
- Search engine optimization has two pillars; on-page SEO and off-page SEO. On-page includes content, keyword usage and placement, technical SEO, etc, while off-page is about link building and building authority. Compelling, quality content is critical, but your link authority is what Google is most concerned with—and your authority and trustworthiness is ultimately determined by who is linking to you.
- You need high-quality sites linking to you in order for Google to consider ranking you for popular terms. But only focus on building authoritative, trusted links. In order to build your own trust, you need to build links from websites’ with high link authority themselves. Majestic Trust Flow is the number one metric to monitor websites’ authority, including your own. When building links, try to aim for sites with a Trust Flow of at least 20.
- Link building is a tricky business. Be careful that you don’t hurt your SEO with black hat link building, which is going against Google’s guidelines and doing things like mass article generation and other link schemes. Building low quality links via link schemes are only going to be detrimental to your SEO—it will come back to bite you, and you may very well end up with a penalty from Google. Use clever and creative link building strategies; focus on providing compelling, unique value, and get it out there.
- If you’re interviewing an SEO consultant or firm, one of the biggest red flags to look for is if they focus more quantity than quality when it comes to link building. It’s all about quality!
- Blog—but don’t just publish your articles to your site and leave it at that. There isn’t enough traffic in your little corner of the Internet to warrant the time and effort it takes to create compelling blogposts; you need more eyeballs. SEO-optimize your articles, collaborate with influencers, drive traffic through advertising, find high-quality link placements, etc.
- The Yoast SEO plugin is useful but not a must by any means. It’s a good tool for optimizing title tags and meta descriptions, as well as social sharing titles and descriptions, but that’s all you need it for. Don’t worry about the red light/green light aspect that it gives you.
- Your title tags are the most important spot for placing top keywords. A page’s title tag will also usually show up as the title of its listing in the Google search results—so it’s crucial your title tags are not only keyword-optimized but are compelling and read naturally to humans.
- Keyword density vs keyword placement. If you’ve heard that you need a certain keyword density in your content, it’s a myth. Attempting to place keywords a certain amount of times in your content is called keyword stuffing and can get you a penalty from Google. It’s all about where your top keywords are—title tag, heading, and in the first or second sentence of the body copy.
- SEO vs social media. Business owners often think they have to choose between SEO and social media, or that they only need one or the other—but both are important! Social media marketing is a must in today’s digital world, but that doesn’t mean you can neglect SEO. Google is the number one search engine, so ignoring SEO means potentially (and likely) missing out on your biggest traffic stream.
- Use Google Search Console and Google Analytics, and consistently monitor your data such as traffic, user behaviour, site errors, etc. This is an absolute must for every website!
All of these tips are crucial, but the number one, most important thing to remember with SEO is that it’s not a one-off task—it takes time, and requires continuous implementation. And when you put in the time and effort, you’ll be surprised at how much it will pay off.
3 Things I Want You to Do Today:
(If you want more investing strategies and multi-million-dollar business advice)
Step 1: Search for ‘Real Money Talks’ in your preferred podcast app
Step 2: Click on my face
Step 3: Hit the ‘Subscribe’ button
P.S. Every Tuesday at 12pm PST I host a Facebook Live on the Live Out Loud Facebook Page, talking about investments, tax strategies, cash flow, giving away free tools and gifts, and answering your burning questions. You don’t want to miss it!