What are the up and coming hot businesses to get into now and in the near future?
Green and organic
People are becoming much more aware of their impact of carbon and other non-degradable materials to the earth. This is a strong area of business that will only grow from here.
- Green energy
- Green construction
- Organic foods
- Organic clothing
- Recycling / Recycled products
Show them how to grow it. Gardens for small spaces, community co-ops, etc.
Help them find what they need. Eco-alternatives, energy savings, etc.
Show them what needs to be done. Green Consulting.
Interesting sidenote: How long does it take for waste to decompose?
Paper-2-4 Weeks; Leaves-1-3 Months; Orange Peel- 6 Months; Milk Carton- 5 years; Plastic Bag- 10-20 Years; Plastic Container- 50-80 Years; Aluminum Can- 80 Years; Tin Can- 100 Years; Plastic Soda Bottle- 450 Years; Glass Bottle-500 Years; Styrofoam-Never.
Services for seniors and retired people
On January 1, 2011 the first of the baby boomers turned 65. More than 7,000 will turn 65 every day for the next 19 years, making 79 million, or 26% of the current population.
Services to home-based business
There are over 15 million home-based businesses in the U.S. alone. They can’t do everything themselves. They need services.
- Life support (cleaning, shopping, errands, etc.)
- Bookkeeping / Accounting
- Virtual Assistants
- Computer services
- Web development
- Social media consultant/promoter/marketer
- Cloud Brokers serve as intermediaries between end users and cloud providers.
- Mobile Marketing Consultants is a field exploding with business opportunities for savvy marketing consultants who know how mobile marketing works.
- Web Apps for Business Developing Web apps for business is a great business opportunity because businesses are turning to cloud computing in ever increasing numbers.
Professions and business are being hard hit when it comes to replacing the retiring generation. Recruiters and/or placement agencies can supply qualified people to companies and government organizations that are having trouble filling positions.
Children’s education services
School budgets have been severely cut, worried parents have turned to tutoring services to make sure their kids don’t lose ground academically.
Senior transition/relocation services
As our population continues to age, these businesses — which provide various services to seniors and their families — will continue to thrive.
Handymen (and women) are in high demand as cash-strapped homeowners try to tackle home improvement projects on a budget.